Free co-working desk space for tech organisations with a social mission.
What we can offer you
- Free co-working desk space in Federation for up to 4 full-time equivalent staff
- Free use of our meeting rooms and event space for up to 20 days per full-time post, per year
- A consultation to understand any other help you need to achieve your aims for growth, social impact and sustainability
- Help with informal peer support through the Federation networks, Co-op volunteers with relevant skills, or signposting you to external resources
How long will the support last?
The standard support offer will be for a period of up to 12 months, however:
- It may end sooner, if you grow beyond 4 full time staff (which tells us that you have successfully secured new income streams and are moving to sustainability)
- But it also may be extended (up to a maximum of 18 months) if after 9 months you can demonstrate promising progress but are not yet ready to become self-supporting
What your organisation needs to be eligible
- A social or environmental mission which benefits communities in the UK, and is written in your governing document
- A requirement to reinvest the majority of profits back into your social mission
- A focus on technology and innovation
- No more than 4 full-time equivalent staff
- A plan to grow your income beyond the end of the support period (usually 12 months)
- Agree to the Federation Pledge
How will we prioritise our applications?
We expect that demand will be high for this support and so we will prioritise applications based on the following criteria:
- How beneficial is your work for more disadvantaged communities?
- How innovative is your business model?
- To what extent are you accountable to the communities you aim to benefit? (whether through formal governance or other forms of engagement)
- How clearly can you articulate and measure the intended social benefits?
- How clear and credible are your plans for sustaining your impact (including your financial sustainability)?
- Are you supporting greater civic engagement, such as through civic tech or community participation