Learn more about the people who use your product.
Research studio at The Federation
A purpose-built, high-tech research studio designed to give you and your team everything you need to learn more about your customers, how they think, and how they use your products.
Designed to support a range of research activities: mobile usability testing, desktop usability testing, co-designing, small focus groups, depth interviews and more. If you have another need, get in touch.
On the lower-ground floor of The Federation, the Studio is a fully accessible, flexible and private research space. The viewing room can comfortably accommodate 12 people in a cinema-like setting, and includes whiteboards walls and unlimited stationary, tea and coffee.
One off hire
£1,200 per day or £750 per half day (Includes stationary, coffee/tea and biscuits.)
If you plan on using the studio regularly, we've got cost effective membership opportunities for friends of The Federation. Get in touch to find out more.
What you get
- We’ll set the rooms up to brief.
- An easy-to-use digital audio video system.
- Tobii eye-tracker for desktop testing to hire at additional cost.
- Height adjustable desk: adjust the desk to suit your participant, or simulate a countertop interaction.
- Secure access for your research participants and a nearby waiting area.
- Secure recording of your research video. We’ll email your files or send you away with a stick drive.
- The Pioneer restaurant upstairs, if you’d like to order food or drinks.
- Accessible for wheelchair users.
- Lift access to the lower ground floor.
- Assistance dogs welcome.
- Toilets on the same floor. Disabled toilets on the floor above.
- A dedicated event contact and on hand support throughout the day.
Some key features of the studio
A quote about using the user research lab and how great it is. This could potentially come from one of the first ever users